Job Title: 1st/2nd Line Engineer
Job type: Contract
Duration: 12 months with extension possibilities
Location: Greenwich - Onsite 5 days a week
Day rate: Â£100.00 to Â£120.00 inside IR35 depending on experience
We are working with an exciting client who are currently looking for a 1st/2nd Line Engineer to help with their IT issues. As the 1st/2nd Line Engineer will be the only IT Engineer within the client site giving them exposure to a variety of technologies and Networking systems.
You will be working alongside a Managed Service Provider, based at the client site. The 1st/2nd Line Engineer will be given tasks to carry out from the Managed Service Provider and involved in projects but will be a direct contact for the school you will be supporting.
Key Responsibilities - 1st/2nd Line Engineer:
* Manage and maintain the school's Office 365 and Google Suite accounts to ensure access to shared drives and groups.
* Upgrade the school's MIS system (SIMS/FMS) to improve data management and reporting.
* Provide classroom support for audio and visual equipment, including projectors and interactive screens.
* Manage printer usage with the PaperCut system.
* Maintain and replace hardware, including Windows PCs, Chromebooks, and iPads.
* Install locally required software and reimage school devices using MDT.
* Make basic VoIP changes, such as updating names and recording holiday messages.
* Escalate support tickets as needed and manage staff and student accounts
* Manage the deployment of IT devices throughout the school.
* Update and manage the school's IT contracts and licenses.
* Provide training and support to staff to improve their IT knowledge and usage.
* Report any IT infrastructure abuse to the relevant third party and the school contact.
Essential Skills - 1st/2nd Line Engineer:
* Experience working in either a Google environment or Office 365, with basic troubleshooting experience, onboarding users, setting and removing licenses
* AV replacing TVs', Monitors, Projectors and troubleshooting sound issues
* Experience providing 1st line support
* Setting up and maintain hardware and devices
* Experience providing support in an Educational environment
Desirable Skills - 1st/2nd Line Engineer:
* Ability to breakdown technical terms to non-technical people
* Networking, routers, switches, Internet filtering systems and Firewalls
* Ability to work under pressure
* Basic VoIP support
If you are interested in this brilliant opportunity of becoming a 1st / 2nd Line Engineer that will allow you to enhance your skillset whilst working within an organisation that offer a range of growth opportunities, then apply and you will be contacted to discuss further.
1st line / First Line / 1st/2nd Line / 2nd Line / Second Line / IT Technician / Desktop Support / Office 365 / O365 / Google workspace / Google Work Space / AV / Audio Visual / A/V / Networking / Routers / Switches / Internet filtering systems / Firewalls / Helpdesk Engineer / School / Education