Job Title: Senior Platform Engineer
Location: Remote - (2 days a month at client site in London)
RATE: £450- £550/day
Duration: 12 months Ext
We are working with an award-winning consultancy who are looking to hire 3 Senior Platform Engineers to join their project focused Platform team. The Senior Platform Engineer will be responsible for building, testing, packaging, deploying and operating platform tooling services within AWS for their market leading client.
The Senior Platform Engineer will get the opportunity to hone their development skills, automating the building of infrastructure within AWS, in addition to packaging of services into AMIs, Docker containers and Serverless deployments.
Furthermore, the Senior Platform Engineer will be responsible for making improvements to the platforms with new tools and applications and ensuring they abide by the best architectural practices throughout.
Essential skills - Senior Platform Engineer:
* Hands on experience working with AWS services
* Building AWS resources using infrastructure as code using Terraform (or CloudFormation) and Packer
* Experience with the Hashicorp suite eg Nomad, Vagran, Packer, Terraform, Vault, Consul, Sentinel
* Previous experience of building, testing, packaging, releasing and deploying code and cloud services as part of a team
* Great communication skills, with a collaborative and pragmatic mindset
* A genuine passion for IT, someone who is technically inquisitive, who keeps their skills and knowledge up to date through attending conferences and researching emerging industry trends and the latest technology will thrive in this role
Desirable skills - Senior Platform Engineer:
* AWS Certified eg AWS Solution Architect
* Experience with Elk, Kibana, Kubernetes or Docker
* Delivering projects within an agile environment
* Building, deploying and operating Docker containers
* Building, deploying and operating Serverless workloads
* Implementing and working with CI/CD delivery pipelines
* Development background, with experience in common programming languages e.g. Python
If you are interested in joining an organisation who are going through rapid growth and will invest in your learning, please apply for the Senior Platform Engineer role with a copy of your latest CV and we will be in touch.
Platform Engineer / DevOps Engineer / DevOps / AWS / Amazon Web Services / Terraform