Title: Senior Data Engineer
Salary: £75,000 - £95,000 Bonus Benefits
Working Hours: 9am - 6pm
Hours per week: 37.5
Are you a Senior Data Engineer with strong experience in the AWS environment? Do you have experience developing/maintaining robust and scalable ETL pipelines in Python? Are you wanting to work one of the most exciting FinTech's? If yes, then this could be the perfect opportunity for you!
Become part of this start-up company that are booming in the industry and growing exponentially since being founded in 2018!
The Data Engineering team is responsible for the building and operation of the company's Data and Cloud platforms.
An overview of the responsibilities for this role include:
* Design, implement, and maintain large-scale data processing systems on AWS.
* Lead the design and development of ETL pipelines for transforming raw data into usable datasets.
* Manage the data lifecycle from quality monitoring to storage, ensuring proper classification and security.
* Build APIs and data ingestion processes for seamless data access across the organisation.
* Maintain engineering best practices like TDD, code reviews, and CI/CD for code quality and reliability.
* Develop and maintain documentation for data processing systems, including technical specifications and architecture diagrams.
The essential skillset for the Senior Data Engineer role will be:
* Hands-on experience in data engineering, including building ETL pipelines, financial data processing, and data lifecycle management.
* Proficient in Python, AWS Glue, and AWS Lambda, with expertise in analytics services, API utilization, performance optimization, and working on AWS.
* Experienced in developing solutions on AWS and utilizing cloud service provider infrastructure for scalable data processing.
* Familiarity with engineering best practices and processes like TDD, code reviews, code refactoring, branch management, and CI/CD practices is crucial.
The desirable skillset for the Senior Data Engineer role will be:
* Familiarity with Big Data technologies like Hadoop, Spark, and Kafka is advantageous.
* Experience in building and deploying containerized applications using tools like Docker and Kubernetes is a plus.
* Proficiency in Data Science Toolkit including Jupyter Notebook, NumPy, and Pandas.
Soft skills they look for in the Senior Data Engineer:
* Strong communication skills and able to relay technical information to all levels of the business.
* Be the bridge between Director level and Technical level employees.
In return you can expect a generous compensation package for the Senior Data Engineer is made-up of:
* A salary of between Â£75-95k dependent on experience
* 25 Days holiday 3 Between Christmas and New Years (excluding bank holidays)
* L&D courses and dedicated budget
* Company pension scheme - contribution upto 7%
* Private Healthcare
* Become a member of the companies Private Members Club - Mortimer House
* Enhanced Maternity & Paternity leave Package
So, if this opportunity sounds like the next step in your career as a Data Engineer, apply now for immediate consideration!
Senior Data Engineer | Data Platform | Python | SQL | AWS | ETL | CI/CD | Spark | AWS Glue | Data Science Toolkit | CI/CD | AWS Lamda | API