SC Cleared Infrastructure Architect - Contract
Duration: 9 Months
Rate: Up to £750 per day
A leading Government Institution are seeking a highly credible, Senior Infrastructure Architect (Virtualised Infrastructure) to provide technical leadership on a highly critical Programme, concerning critical national infrastructure.
This is an initial 9-month contract, Inside IR35 and requires active SC Clearance.
* A strong hands-on work history with the following technologies: VMware vSphere, Cisco UCS, Cisco Nexus Switches, MS Windows Linux Redhat.
* Proven experience troubleshooting virtualized computing environments as well as those servers running a Windows or Linux operating system
* Experience with storage technologies (SAN and NAS) and solutions at an enterprise level for IT solutions. HPE 3PAR would be preferable.
* Disaster Recovery strategies and solution development - experience of Zerto as a DR capability would be desirable.
* Backup strategies and data retention including backup to disk and backup to tape technology - experience of Zerto as a backup capability would be desirable.
* Knowledge of networking and security technologies and products (i.e. Antivirus, Data Protection Advisor)
* Infrastructure-as-a-Service expertise
* Experience on projects that have spanned multiple systems and integration points
* Ability and willingness to explain highly technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders, particularly in terms of key dependencies and deployment sequence, helping coordination and planning of activities.
* Experience producing a high standard of documentation, including HLDs, LLDs, Knowledge Articles and Technical Work Instructions. Anyone reluctant to write technical documentation to a high standard is not encouraged to apply
* Design, delivery and documentation of virtualised infrastructure and supporting services e.g. backup, DR.
If you are available and interested, please apply in the first instance and you will be contacted to discuss the position further.