Policy Manager - 12 Months - SC Cleared
Rate: Up to £550 per day
A leading Government Institution are seeking a Policy Manager to undertake an initial 12-month contract (Inside IR35) to play a pivotal role in creating new front-line services and be at the heart of change, to ensure high quality services, sustainable funding streams and new future legislation. This role requires active SC Clearance.
* Lead and manage the development of new systems and innovative working practices within the team and framing high profile areas of work.
* Lead activity to develop a new legislative framework and powers to enable the provision of high-quality industry funded services through an agreed set of standards.
* Work across Government to seek out suitable legislative vehicles to take forward objectives, ensuring that the team is ready to create and/or take advantage of opportunities that arise.
* Lead on the determination and inclusion of wider legislative needs.
* Support the development of post legislative activity including guidance, code of practice and an appropriate compliance and enforcement regime to support implementation of the new legislation.
* Manage the development and implementation of a thorough and clear stakeholder engagement and management strategy prior to and for each stage of legislation working across government.
* Build and maintain relationships and participate in discussions with key stakeholders across Government, industry, academia, etc.
* Experience of delivering legislation, including during the consultation and response phases and of the relevant parliamentary processes and associated activities.
* Experience in developing policy positions. You will be analytical, and evidence driven, and you will have an aptitude for identifying, interpreting and applying information to generate evidence-based solutions and recommendations.
* Excellent communication and collaboration skills; able to influence stakeholders effectively.
* Has excellent interpersonal skills, a can-do attitude and a positive mindset, able to persuade and influence at all levels.
* Works open and collaboratively, building strong working relationships through a customer focused approach.
* Enjoys autonomy, taking ownership and driving work streams forward in a project-based approach.
If you are available and interested, please apply in the first instance and you will be contacted to discuss the position further.