Lean Leader - Contract - SC Cleared
Rate: Up to £500 per day
A leading Government Organisation are seeking a Lean Leader to support transformation. The role is to guide, coach and facilitate colleagues across the department through transformational improvements based on lean philosophy and methodology.
Key responsibilities are to:
* Be the primary inspirator, guide, coach and facilitator of improvement activities based on lean methodology
* Formally and informally support colleagues involved in lean improvement to understand:
* the why, how, and what of approaches to value stream improvement e.g. rapid improvement events, including behaviours, processes, and tasks
* their role in improvement be that as Sponsor, Improvement Leader, other
* Which improvements and approaches will support organisational objectives
* Judge when improvement activities are off track and take action that will lead to them getting back on track (directly or by working through others)
* Develop colleagues' CI behaviours, tools, and approaches, particularly the Improvement Leaders
* Work with other improvement leaders to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the improvement portfolio
* Several years' experience of leading lean improvements in complex environments, including behavioural change.
* A deep appreciation of the lean foundations of respect for people and continuous improvement.
* Comfort guiding individuals and groups with improvement methodology including A3-thinking (or similar plan-do-check-act cycles) and value-stream improvement events like Rapid Improvement Events.
* The ability to work in an ambiguous environment and to translate strategy into meaningful activities. Excellent stakeholder management and communication skills.
* A commitment to being respectful, courageous, compassionate, and collaborative.
If you are available and interested, please apply in the first instance and you will be contacted to discuss the position further.