Security Architect - 6 Month Contract - SC Cleared
Rate: Up to £640 per day
A leading Government institution are seeking a Security Architect to work on an initial 6 contract. This role is Inside IR35 and requires active SC Clearance.
As a Security Architect, you will support the technical delivery of the programme, joining a dynamic and friendly team, with an opportunity to work on fast paced and stimulating projects using modern interfaces and technology to strengthen IT capabilities.
Requirements / Responsibilities:
* Knowledge of PSN network architecture
* Knowledge of Virtualisation including VMWare and MS Hyper-v
* Knowledge of SD-WAN Technology (Cisco Viptela, VMWare Velocloud or Silverpeak)
* Knowledge of national Policing network infrastructure
* Work with technical architects and product owners to define and refine technical spike scope statements.
* leading and evaluating the secure design of major products, services and input to complex solutions, challenging outmoded concepts and driving improvements with innovative, creating precedents and setting direction.
* Making and guiding effective decisions on risks, based on information assurance risk assessment methodology, explaining clearly how the decision has been reached.
* Applying security concepts to a technical level across multiple projects, working with security tools, network security infrastructure technologies, and information security management frameworks (e.g. ISO 21001, CoBIT and SOX)
* Working with penetration testing and effectively translating cyber risk analysis into standards, patterns and approaches to enable the safe exploitation of current and emerging technologies.
If you are available and interested, please apply in the first instance and you will be contacted to discuss the position further.