Technical Security Assurance Lead - SC Cleared - Contract
Duration: 6 Months
Location: Remote - 1 day per week in either London, Manchester or Bristol (whichever is closest to your home location)
Rate: £650 per day
A Leading Central Government organisation are seeking a Security Assurance Lead, to work in the Securing Government Services team, where you will work with government departments to review and provide assurance on the security posture of services and products based on recognised security industry standards.
You will work with the National Cyber Security Centre (NCSC) and Cabinet Office Government Security Group (GSG) to make government digital services secure and resilient through tailored technical guidance and advice and will play a key role in driving the Government Cyber Security Strategy and delivery of strategic priorities.
As a Lead Technical Security Assurance Expert, you will:
* Deliver security risk-driven assessments of services or products in accordance with an appropriate methodology
* Perform security due diligence of technology products
* Review reporting, including key performance indicators, and act as key decision maker for the delivery of technical security capabilities against requirements
* Ensure alignment with government security policy frameworks and industry objectives and standards, and liaise with senior stakeholders on how these can be met
* Interact with stakeholders across organisations, teams, or communities
* Relevant industry qualifications and accreditations e.g. Certified Cyber Professional (CCP), Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), ISO27001 Lead Auditor
* Experience in carrying out security controls gap assessment, capability maturity assessment and compliance checks in accordance with an appropriate methodology.
* Good working knowledge of current cyber security risks and experience implementing security solutions for infrastructure, network and application security
If you are available and interested, please apply in the first instance and you will be contacted to discuss the position further.