Job title: Lead DevOps Engineer
Salary: £80,000 to £90,000 Bonus Benefits
Location: Based in the Wimbledon office with Remote working 3 days a week (right to work in the UK is required)
We are looking for a DevOps Specialist to join a exciting client of ours to assist them in building and maintaining their infrastructure, monitoring, pipelines, tools, and API's.
They have recently begun a multi-year transformation programme which requires a Lead DevOps Engineer to assist in designing, building and maintain automated CI/CD frameworks across various platforms, initially on Salesforce and Snowflake before expanding to applications within the wider business.
As the Lead DevOps Engineer you will lead the way in promoting and implanting best practice for implementing solutions across development, testing and production environments. This is a new role within the business so the Lead DevOps Engineer will be ale to recommend improvements and adapt and improve solutions as the work and team develops over time.
The Lead DevOps Engineer will need to have had experience building scalable, highly available deployment architecture, ideally on AWS as the organisation will be moving across to AWS and ideally will also have worked with Terraform and Docker. The Lead DevOps Engineer will be working with Snowflake and Salesforce applications, so previous experience with these would be beneficial, but is not essential.
The Lead DevOps Engineer role is an exciting opportunity to join the organisation early on in its journey and shape the direction of the DevOps team, both technically and as you build out a team below you. As such, any experience mentoring and growing a team, would be beneficial alongside having extensive Stakeholder management experience.
Essential Experience - Lead DevOps Engineer
* Used Jenkins to build and manage CI/CD pipelines
* Worked with tools such as, Git, Gitlab, Jira, Teamcity, Artifactory and Nexus
* Code analysis tools - ideally SonarQube
* Exposure / understanding of containerization - Docker / Kubernetes
* Good knowledge of secure coding & testing concepts, across a variety of tools (static, dynamic, both manual and automatic) and vulnerability management.
Desirable Experience - Lead DevOps Engineer
* Experience building and deploying pipelines in an AWS environment
* Experience with YAML
* Hands on experience with Terraform / Ansible
* Experience implementing Docker and Kubernetes from scratch
* Experience working with Snowflake or Salesforce
If you are interested in the Lead DevOps Engineer position, please apply with a copy of you most up to date CV in the initial instance and we will be in touch to discuss further.