DevOps Engineer - Remote - Contract
Rate: Up to £600 per day
A leading Government institution are seeking a highly capable DevOps Engineer, to undertake an initial 6-month contract. This role is Inside IR35 and remote based.
As DevOps Engineer, you will be involved in the design, planning, management, maintenance and support of our clients Cloud environments. The role will involve assisting in developing streamlined operations to migrate services and in designing and building AWS and Cloud Foundry hosted services.
Key responsibilities of the role are:
* Ensure availability and integrity of the managed AWS, Microsoft Azure and Gov.UK PaaS (Cloud Foundry) environments through proactive monitoring and carry out remedial action as required or escalating to senior staff.
* Configure, maintain and monitor all IaaS resources within AWS and gov.uk PaaS environments.
* Influence and collaborate with team members, delivery partners and service providers on delivery milestones to ensure smooth implementation of new and enhanced services.
* Assist in the evaluation, selection and implementation of new services, and take the lead for implementation of some of these.
* Authoring and maintaining infrastructure as code written using Terraform
* Keep abreast of Cloud technologies in the IaaS, PaaS and SaaS arenas.
* Use and develop tool chains as part of a CI/CD DevOps process and assist other colleagues in their use and support
* AWS Certified SysOps Administrator or equivalent demonstrable practical experience
* Experience authoring and executing infrastructure as code using Terraform
* Experience in designing, building and managing Cloud Foundry or AWS (including ECS, EC2, VPC, Postgres, ELB, S3 service) environments
* Demonstrable knowledge of web application security and distributed applications / micro-services
* Experience designing, developing and supporting AWS or Cloud Foundry based solutions in a production environment
If you are available and interested, please apply in the first instance and you will be contacted to discuss the position further.