Job Title: Data Governance Lead
Salary: £65,000 to £75,000 Bonus
Hybrid working: 3 Days in London Office & 2 Days Home based
We are looking for a Data Governance Lead who will own Data Governance excellence in a greenfield area. You will work alongside the Head of Data establishing, governing and driving all areas of data governance and quality to ensure reliable and accurate data.
The Data Governance Lead will devise and implement efficient and secure procedures for data management whilst highlighting any opportunities, recommendations and improvements to empower the business.
This is a brand-new pivotal hire for the company as the grow the Data function to ensure they can use data to make informed decisions and deliver key insights and value whilst providing someone with the opportunity to create a new capability within the business.
The Data Governance Lead will:
* Establish and own all areas of Data Governance & Quality
* Implement a new Data Governance tool, selecting a vendor and implementing the solution
* Create and own the data dictionary.
* Set common definitions across the business providing one single source of truth.
* Review all principles regarding data capture and storage
* Audit how data is captured, stored and used
* Implement and monitor data retention policies
* Formulate a series of regular data health checks across all systems and data
Essential skills - Data Governance Lead:
* Hands on experience in a Data Governance / Quality / Management / Compliance role
* Experience of implementing and establishing data governance controls and practices
* Data Governance ownership models
* Data Governance tools eg Informatica, Talend, Microsoft, Collibra
* Strong experience building business relationships
* A passion for cutting edge data / tech / AI
* Knowledge of data governance frameworks - eg DARMA, CDMC etc
* Good understanding of Data Regulations / Compliance such as GDPR, ISO, Telco etc
* A technical background working closely with Data, systems and IT departments
Desirable skills - Data Governance Lead
* Telecomms, Legal, Finance, Pharma or Insurance background (highly regulated)
* Experience managing a team
* Data Governance related certifications
If you are interested in applying for the Data Governance Lead role, then please apply in the immediate instance with a copy of your most up to date CV and we will be in touch.
Data Management * Data Governance * Data Quality * Data Compliance * Dictionaries * Retention Policies * DARMA * CMDC * Informatica * GDPR * ISO