Role: Data Analyst
Salary: up to £40,000 benefits
Location: London (Kensington) with 4 days remote working a week available
Contract: Fixed Term Contract for 5 years - likely to go permanent
Our client is looking to recruit a Data Analyst on a 5 year fixed term contract to join an exciting programme of work. This is an excellent opportunity for a Data Analyst to take their next step in their career working for a well known institution who truly support their staff.
As a Data Analyst you will ensure that all data is processed, and quality assured so that it can be analysed through appropriate systems with a view to the production of reports that can assist other stakeholders make effective decisions and support the assessment of indicators and other business intelligence processes.
Key responsibilities of the Data Analyst:
* Day to day implementation and overview of the business's data strategy to ensure that organisational data is systematised with a view to optimising business intelligence and decision-making.
* Clear knowledge of all the data sources within the organisation, including the CRM and other information systems, and ability to work on those sources either individually, together or identify new sources that can inform effective operation.
* Knowledge of all relevant procedures to ensure that optimal data is used, including the cleaning, analysis and processing of data.
* Putting in place effective and robust systems of quality to ensure the highest integrity of data.
* Working with the IT department on data analysis, including developing key formulas, working with APIs and data mining, particularly through appropriate relational and other data bases, with a view to extracting the information that is needed for the growth of the organisation.
* Enabling the effective and accurate production of all reports, visuals, dashboards and other outputs to allow different parts of the organisation to make better individual and collective decisions.
* Facilitating the transformation of data to information and knowledge, and helping the different parts of the organisation to share such information and knowledge so as to maximise collaboration and the aims of the organisation.
* Supporting business intelligence so that the decisions are underpinned by key, effective and relevant data.
* Enabling the organisation to measure key performance and other indicators and score carding, and contributing to the development of metric and indicator-based systems that allow for integration and a system of continuous improvement.
* Collaborating with all departments including the IT department, education and training, marketing and policy and research on data usage.
* Minimising all data risks, security breaches, financial and other risks and working with relevant services to ensure that data is handled in a way that is compliant with relevant legislation and other frameworks.
* Furthering a data culture that enables the organisation to meet the needs of its stakeholders, both nationally and internationally, including its members.
The following skills are Essential for the Data Analyst role:
* Substantial experience working in data analysis within an organisational setting.
* Excellent problem solving, analytical and business intelligence skills, especially working with large datasets.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills in the English language.
* Experience of using visualisation tools such as PowerBI.
* IT literate and experience of using MS Dynamics and Office (including Word, Excel and Outlook).
Desirable skills for the Data Analyst to have would be:
* Relevant higher education qualification in data analysis, including programming languages such as Python and SQL.
* Ability to manage multiple projects adhering to logistics, timescales and deadlines.
The Client is based in Kensington London. The salary for this role will be in the range £40K. If you would like to apply to the Data Analyst, please apply with a copy of your most up to date CV in the immediate instance.
Data Analyst / Data Engineer / Analyst / Data Business Analyst / Junior Data Analyst / SQL / PowerBI / MS Dynamics / Word / Excel / Outlook / Python / R