Cyber Security Engineer - Remote - up to £45,000 Benefits
We are working closely with an organisation looking to expand their Cyber Security team, who having recently hired an Information Security Manager are now looking to hire a Cyber Security Engineer to support them. The Cyber Security Engineer role can be predominantly remote based, with occasional trips to the Cambridge based office only needed for occasional team meetings roughly once a month.
The successful Cyber Security Engineer will join a growing team and also act as the SME within the team. The Cyber Security Engineer will oversee the systems making sure they are monitored and analysed correctly for security events. You will also develop Security Awareness for other staff members within the team. The successful Cyber Security Engineer will have a 50/50 BAU and project work split. As a Cyber Security Engineer, you will have experience working within a virtual environment and supporting various technologies.
Essential skills - Cyber Security Engineer:
The successful candidate will have experience in the following:
* Good experience in security monitoring
* Experience monitoring and controlling vulnerabilities - IDS & IPS
* Identifying and investigating Security Model breaks
* Log analysis - IPS/IDD
* Good understanding of networking including firewalls, port management, VPNs
* Incident management experience
* Understanding of risk management
* Understanding of security threats and intrusion detection techniques
* Understanding of GDPR, PCI DSS and ISO 27001:2013
Desirable Skills - Cyber Security Engineer:
The successful candidate will have experience or knowledge of some if not all of the following:
* Cyber Security tools- Darktrace, Splunk, SolarWind etc
* Experience working with authentication tools
* Monitoring and installing applications such as anti-virus packages
* Information Security Certifications e.g. CSPA, CEH, CompTIA Security etc
If you want to learn more and be considered for this amazing opportunity to work with this excellent company who offers different routes to progression and lots of training, please apply for the Cyber Security Engineer role with a copy of your most up to date CV and we will be in touch.