Head of Portfolio & Delivery - 12 Month Contract - SC Cleared
Rate: Up to £800 per day
A leading Government Institution are seeking an Interim Head of Porfolio & Delivery, who will be pivotal in driving and supporting the evolution of the agile delivery capability, ensuing that processes and governance are evolved on an ongoing basis to ensure that they are fit for purpose.
This is a greenfield project that seeks to innovate, portfolio management and delivery for cloud enterprise products, improving the speed of delivery and the customer experience.
* Implement a portfolio management and delivery strategy and identify the roadmap to realisation.
* Lead, in close collaboration with Interim Head of Service Management, the transition to the new Portfolio and Delivery Operating Model including transforming the ways of working across the Organisation to make it a high performing team
* Define the processes and ways of working which underpin management of the Portfolio on an ongoing basis
* Define the ranking, acceptance criteria and prioritisation methodology ensuring transparency and consistency
* In conjunction with the Interim Head of Services and the Centre of Excellence for Digital Business Solution, transition Metis to an Agile delivery model that is effective for delivery of a portfolio, takes the best from both Agile and Waterfall and optimises the use of internal and external services
* Experience of establishing and leading portfolio management
* Experience of establishing effective transparent portfolio flows from request, through assessment to delivery and benefits realisation
* Strong budgeting, estimating and planning skills
* Practical knowledge of monitoring people, supplier and systems performance, taking corrective action where necessary.
* Ability to identify linkages and crossover between requests and demands
* Strong knowledge and experience of establishing and running an Agile delivery model utilising both internal and external services.
* Delivery Project Portfolio Management background in Agile
* Strong analytical and influencing skills to assess demand for services to support delivery, ensuring their availability and scheduling
* Able to negotiate at a senior level to ensure that customers, suppliers and other stakeholders understand and agree what will meet their needs, and the commitment they need to make to effect delivery and benefits realisation
If you are available and interested, please apply in the first instance and you will be contacted to discuss the position further.