Site Reliability Engineer
Location: 1 to 2 days per week in London, Manchester, or Bristol
Rate: Â£650.00 per day
Duration: 8 months Ext
IR35: Inside IR35
A Leading Central Government organisation are seeking a highly competent Site Reliability Engineer, to undertake an initial 8-month contract. This role will require you to potentially be onsite once per week in either London, Manchester or Bristol, is Inside IR35 and paying up to Â£650.00 per day. They are looking for someone to help upgrade their Postgres databases and improve their performance. In addition, they are implementing a new metrics solution using Prometheus and Grafana and the Site Reliability Engineer will also be involved in implementing data retention policies.
As the Site Reliability Engineer, you will have the following experience:
* A working familiarity with either Java or NodeJD
* Experience with AWS, ideally with knowledge of ECS/Fargate, Lambda and RDS experience in using infrastructure-as-code to manage cloud infrastructure (we use Terraform)
* Experience with Postgres
* Experienced in building and running CI/CD pipelines (we use Concourse)
* Experience in building and operating monitoring solutions, ideally Prometheus and Grafana
* Experience with UNIX-like operating systems and technologies used for web applications, e.g Linux, CDNs, DNS, Message queues
If you are available and interested in the Site Reliability Engineer vacancy, please reply back with a copy of your CV and you will be contacted to discuss further.
Site Reliability Engineer, DevOps, Engineer, Java, NodeJS, Ruby, Java, Python, AWS, Prometheus, Grafana, Agile