Principal Platform Engineer - 12 Month Fixed Term Contract - London - up to £65,000 Bonus Benefits
We are working with a client who have been transitioning their Infrastructure function to DevOps and are now looking for a Principal Platform Engineer to act as a Lead to other DevOps Engineers and help the organisation introduce new technologies and further develop their current infrastructure.
The Principal Platform Engineer will be responsible for the improvement of development, testing and deployment processes and procedure within the organisation on their Azure platform and providing support for DevOps tools when required. Due to the nature of this role, project delivery experience is required, and whilst team management IS NOT required, the Principle Platform Engineer will get this exposure managing the other Engineers within the DevOps team alongside the Platform Manager, so this is a great opportunity to develop these skills.
The ideal candidate for the Principal Platform Engineer position will have an "everything is code" mindset and will be a DevOps evangelist who is constantly researching new technologies that can be introduced to further strengthen the services that the team provide. The Principal Platform Engineer willl be working closely with the Development team, Architect team in addition to non-technical teams in the wider business and 3rd parties. As such it is important that the Principal Platform Engineer is comfortable working with non-technical and technical stakeholders and has excellent written and verbal communications skills.
Essential Skills for the Principal Platform Engineer:
* Azure infrastructure experience working with ARM templates, Azure AD, Azure DevOps, certificate authority experience
* Experience working with CI/CD tools in particular Azure DevOps and GitHub
* PowerShell scripting experience
* Office 365 experience (inc Exchange Online, Intune, SharePoint, OneDrive and Teams etc)
* Project leadership/delivery experience
* Soft skills such as being a team player, sharing knowledge, and is happy to step up and support/lead the team in challenging situations.
Desirable Skills for the Principal Platform Engineer:
* Cloud Network & Security experience
* Previous experience working in the property market
* Team management experience
This is a great opportunity to join a team and organisation who put their employees at the heart of what they do. If you are interested in the Principal Platform Engineer position, please apply with a copy of your most up to date CV and we will be in touch to discuss further.