Solution Architect - Up to £72,000 Excellent Bonus Benefits - Financial Services
A Solution Architect is required by a leading Financial Services organisation to develop and promote their strategic, business-aligned architectural direction.
The Solution Architect will work closely with the Business teams, the Delivery and Development Teams and the Technology Group to create and execute a technology road map that delivers key strategic business initiatives whilst ensuring all architectural roadmaps and designs adhere to the Enterprise Architecture direction.
The Solution Architect will be expected to operate in a governance and quality assurance role, ensuring architectural consistency and alignment with business and technical strategic. Along with this the Solution Architect will be working on a technology roadmap design that you will transform a monolithic platform into a modern architecture that will support the organisations competitive and dynamic business team.
Deliverables for the Solution Architect:
* Being able to understand and explain the strategic roadmaps to both Business and IT stakeholders
* Influencing and shaping non-functional characteristics of a solution from different requirements to test
* Delivering and collaborating with business terms to understand their strategic priorities and being able to adapt solutions as required for the business
* Ability to identify and understand different opportunities with business units' roadmaps
* Working closely with both internal and external (3rd Party) development delivery teams.
* Employing and understanding different architectural techniques and patterns to deconstruct a monolith into its different parts
Essential Experience for the Solution Architect:
* Solid experience as a Solution Architect preferably within Financial Services but not essential
* Experience designing and delivering technology solutions
* Experience of working with Spring Framework and Java server-side applications.
* Solution Architecture (Business, Application, Technology, Data)
* Understanding of project approaches like Agile, Waterfall, V-Model
* Practical understanding of Enterprise/Solution Architecture (TOGAF)
* An Innovative, creative thinker with a flexible approach to Architecture and Development.
* Effective, concise communicator, comfortable presenting at senior stakeholder level.
* Previous ownership of an architectural or domain view
* Collaborative in decision making but decisive when such decision is required.
* Self-motivated and well organised, with a high level of personal integrity and a passion for quality.
* Manage a number of concurrent customer requirements providing a balanced assignment to each project.
Desirable Experience for the Solution Architect:
* Data modelling or associated knowledge
* Experience decomposing JEE Applications
* Knowledge around development methodologies
* Understanding or knowledge around ETL concepts
* Experience of working with in a multi-vendor environment
If you are available and interested in the Solution Architect role, please apply in the first instance with a copy of your CV and you will be contacted to discuss the opportunity further.