Solution Architect - Financial Services - Doncaster - 6 Month Exts
My Financial Services Client has a requirement for a solid Solution Architect to work across a range of IT projects providing technical assurance and input to designing the solution. This will include: Application, Integration and Data viewpoints. In this role you will be involved with working on a range of projects, and you should have strong experience with design principles.
* Experience of working in business transformation or change programmes in a commercial environment and a solid appreciation of architecture, both its purpose, outcomes and approaches.
* Confident in working with both business and technical stakeholders, including those at more senior levels
* Enterprise systems integration (web services and standards, messaging, integration patterns and integration platforms).
* Database platforms, data modelling and data migration and transformation.
* Application architecture and design skills, including package or COTS implementations.
* Multi-channel design and delivery, including web and mobile applications.
* Solution design skills that take into account non-functional requirements, such as resilience, performance, scaling, monitoring and audit capabilities.
Essential - Technology Specific
Part of the role is to engage with confidence with the design process and therefore this will require knowledge of our applications architecture:
* SOA and Microservices
* Java 8
* Spring Framework & Spring Boot
* REST / SOAP API web services
* ESB e.g. IBM IIB and SOA/API gateway technology e.g. DataPower
* Continuous Integration and Deployment (Jenkins, Puppet, Ansible, Kubernetes)
* Containerisation (Docker)
* Cloud deployment and integration
Essential - Delivery, Business and Soft Skills
* Knowledge and experience of Agile delivery methodology and an understanding of the benefits of incremental delivery.
* End to end project delivery and implementation experience in a commercial environment.
* Excellent presentation and written communication skills.
* Ability to guide and manage stakeholders, including third party product and service providers, with a collaborative approach to working with business and technical delivery teams.
* Ability to prioritise, with a self-reliant approach to problem solving and decision making.
* Ability to engage in the highly adaptive, agile and innovative as well as tightly controlled assurance and governance process.
* Experience of programme and portfolio planning including the transition from strategic intent to shaped idea.
* Knowledge of enterprise architecture frameworks and their application.
* Large IT change programme experience including digital transformation (e.g. digital consumer delivery and digital business operations), CRM, workflow and Master Data Management.
* TOGAF 9.1 Certified, Open Group ITAC (or similar accreditation).
* Java Certification or MCSD (or equivalent).
* SOA Certified Professional (or equivalent).
* BCS Solution Development and Architecture (or equivalent).
* Recognised award in Business Architecture, Business Analysis or Software Development.
* APM (or equivalent)
If you are interested in this role, please apply with your CV in the first instance.