My Client has a requirement for a EUC Technical Design Authority to come in a work with their technical team, 3rd parties and vendors, to help leverage Office 365 licences, along with a Windows 10 rollout. You will need to be able to join the technical team and get hands on, but also be able to have a high level view across the Desktop Architecture. You will also need to have strong Stakeholder management skills.
In this role you will have responsibility for support and problem resolution across the 3,000 Desktop and Mobile Device estate, associated underpinning infrastructure and 3rd party services. Whilst initially a 6 month contract, we expect this to be extended.
For this role you must have have experience of -
* Experience with the support of desktop environments with more than 500 devices, providing high availability to users within the Financial Services sector.
* Desktop refresh and rollout across an estate with more than 3000 devices.
* Evaluation of Thin vs Thick end user solutions.
* Future planning and product road map across an estate of similar size stated above (including OS and Office suite).
* Deployment & integration of On Premise and Off Premise O365 solution & cloud based services.
* Stakeholder experience in End User Strategy / steering group alongside CTO groups.
* Asset management strategy and rollout management with appropriate toolset.
* Experience in Hardware selection process
* Automation of deployment and management processes and tasks in an enterprise environment.
* SCCM / SCOM
* Strong Active Directory
* Microsoft Certification
In this role you will -
* Provide specialist knowledge on Windows Desktop Architecture.
* Design, Deploy, Manage and Support desktop/laptop builds.
* Manage Active Directory and Office suite products such as Outlook.
* Provide knowledge and operational advice for mobile devices inclusive of Apple.
* Ensure security principles are met, adhered to and continuously reviewed.
* Manage patching cycles and continuous threat analysis.
* Enable security by activating device encryption, anti-virus management and data level protection (DLP).
* Provide support with strategy concerning Virtual Desktop Environments.
* Provide Cisco VPN and security administration threat protection through remote working and connectivity platforms.
* Ensure hardware management and control through the laptop deployment, asset management toolset and deployment and tracking processes.
* Execute integration with mobile devices such as iPad/iPhone management and control, security of device and application content and VMware suit of security products such as Airwatch and content locker.
* Provide rationalisation and integration with Virtual Desktop Environments such as Citrix administration and planning and VMware alternatives (VDI) and product toolset.
If you are interested in this role, please apply with your CV and follow up with a phone call.
Technical Design Authority, TDA, Technical Lead, Stakeholder Management, EUC, End User