Security/Network Engineer - 12 Month Contract - London
A leading Government institution are seeking a Security/Network Engineer to work on the Management, design and configuration of security and networking systems.
You will be required to manage the lifecycle of your own projects and those of others including design, testing, change, deployment and acceptance management.
Experience of working with and configuring from scratch:
* Palo Alto firewalls
* SCCM/PDQ Deploy
* Thycotic and endpoint protection systems (ideally Endgame)
* Elastic knowledge would be helpful.
* Gather record and document customer requirements within the UK for remote Intelligence applications and define detailed requirements including use cases, feature specifications, functional requirements, and environmental requirements.
* Work collaboratively with the service support and infrastructure teams and non-technical user groups. Identify issues which will involve other teams and facilitate and support fault resolution and project handover.
* Apply relevant local and security policies effectively at all times; ensuring security is an integral part of all developed systems, ensuring that suitable controls to protect information are in use.
* Manage software defects, ensuring they are tracked, investigated, and corrected whether found within internal software or third-party software. Investigate complex issues around LI delivery to define suitable solutions.
* Research new technologies and equipment relevant to the business area, identifying new tools and techniques. Provide information and advice on to management on the benefits to the working practices of the department and organisation as a whole from research.
If you are available and interested, please apply in the first instance and you will be contacted to discuss the position further.